Friday, April 27, 2012

Independent Component 2

Literal
(a) "I, William Lam, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”

(b) I executed various tutorials from Adobe for Photoshop in order to better familiarize myself more with the tools that graphic designers utilize.

Interpretive
It is significant for me to learn the program because it is what is used in order to execute the designer's idea and make them a reality. Without proper knowledge of the program, what might've been a potentially grandiose idea, would end up with the final product not doing it justice. I practiced the following tutorials, all of which vary in difficulty and completion time within the time frame indicated on this calendar here.

Vector masking and background removal - 2 hours/3 days (overall 6 hours)
Radial zoom enhanced eyes effect - 1 hour
How to blend textures with photos in Photoshop - 1 hour
Graffiti  - 1 hours/3 days (overall 3 hours)
Silhouette and gradients - 1 hour/4 days (overall 4 hours... it was fun)
Photoshop type: creating warped text - 1 hour
Old school 3-D effect - 1 hour
Photo inside text - 1 hour/3 days (overall 3 hours... needed it for yearbook)
Vignetting - 1 hour
Selective coloring effect - 1 hour/2 days (overall 2 hours)
Alien - 2 hours
Skii masking - 1 hour/4 days (overall 4 hours)
Human puppet - 1 hour/2 days (overall 2 hours)
Ripped paper collage effect - 1 hour
Fake real blood - 1 hour
Urban jungle - 1 hour

Total: about 34 hours

I have uploaded some the work after the jump. (the "read more." I only uploaded some because a few had difficulty compressing. I'm resolving this once I get some free time.)

Applied
This helped me answer my EQ because it helped me explore the possibility that the answer may like in something more literal (the execution) rather than the conceptualization or other concepts and techniques.

Grading Criteria
· Log (calendar or list)
· Evidence of 30 hours of work



















No comments:

Post a Comment